Saturday, May 21, 2005

The Wedding Day

It's midnight on the morning of 21's wedding. We have had a successful day of taking care of the details that make a wedding. I've packed the car with candles, candy, flowers, and chandeliers at home. I've unpacked the car of candles, candy, flowers, and chandeliers at the church. We rehearsed, we ate, we laughed, we talked. We are ready.

Later we will be coifed, dressed, made up, and photographed. Then 21 will walk down the aisle on her father's arm. What a picture. 21 will be in white, husband in black tie. 16, and 14 will be gorgeous in satin evening gowns. I will be dazzled. 21's husband-to-be will be waiting to take her to a home he has prepared to protect and love her for eternity.

I love the wedding ceremony. It is intended to remind us of another bride, husband, and father. The bride in white: the church, holy and blameless. The husband: Christ, loving protector of the church, preparing a home for His bride. The Father: God, who made a way for Christ and the church to be intimate with one another.

I can't wait for Christ to come back and take me home! Are you ready for The Wedding?

No comments: