Friday, May 27, 2005

An Anniversary

24 years. 24 years. 24 years. That is a long time, but, then again, only a moment seems to have passed. We have been married 24 years. One short of "silver". Husband is travelling again this week, so in preparation of the big day on Monday, I thought I would do some research and plan something special for us to experience in celebration of a 24 year marriage. The number itself reminds me of the passing of one day, 24 hours, so, I think I will capitalize on that notion. Maybe I'll prepare a heartfelt poem for husband to read each of the 24 hours of the day. Each will represent each year of our marriage and remind him of our married history. Or, how about 24 notes he will find that has an intimate thought or question we could discuss each of the hours of our "special" day. We will just talk and talk and talk and talk. Maybe I should carefully place 24 pictures throughout the house so he will find each of them as he progresses through his day and it will cause him to be sentimental, and then we can talk about those memories of which our years together consist. Or we could do 24 little tasks together around the house and then our abode would really be snazzy.

How about I hug him, tell him I'm glad we are still together, physically and emotionally, and simply enjoy an ordinary day with an extraordinary man.

No comments: