Saturday, March 28, 2009

A Milestone

It's Saturday, March 28th. A milestone for me. Today is our youngest child's 18th birthday. In the past month 25 turned 26, 24 to 25, 19 to 20, well you get the idea. So, now that all our children are legally adults, where does that leave me? I guess just about the same place I was yesterday: Tuition poor, a little tired, entirely content, and proud of all our children.

Each one has had their moments that we choose not to dwell on. We think of them at times just to remind ourselves that everyone makes mistakes and can still turn out to be unselfish, independent, responsible adults. That is the exact moment I always have a tear well up and spill over to my cheek: when I realize that even with all the mistakes I made, the poor decisions made by each child at various times, God simply chose to continue teaching, loving, and pouring out His inestimable, immutable Grace and gave us what we didn't deserve.

My heart overflows with joy
My mind unable to comprehend the gifts
My mouth insufficient to proclaim
I fall to my knees
Incapable of raising my eyes
You are Holy, You are Good, You are God

No comments: