Monday, September 10, 2007

Sex and the Niece

This past weekend I co hosted a lingerie shower for my niece who is engaged to be married at the end of this month. Honestly, I am thrilled for her. I believe she has found the love of her life and her aura of captivation is obvious to all who are fortunate to get a glimpse of her. She is 21 and at her physical prime. Fabulous skin, enviable figure, perfect coif with satiny highlights, and a once in a lifetime wardrobe.

Now, it occurred to me as we were all oohing and aahing over the cutest, skimpiest lingerie we have seen in a while, that we (friends of the MOB(mother of bride)) were having a wonderful time discussing things that for 21 years we have made every effort to hide from her. Don't get me wrong, we were all together appropriate, nothing lewd or lascivious.

I guess, for this niece of 21, she has successfully traversed to this stage of womanhood. This point in time that married women share with one another the true joy of sex in marriage. Frankly, when you share yourself with someone who is committed to you, it is beyond explanation on a blog. Pleasing husband and being pleased by him absolutely solidifies our union.

My prayer for neice 21 is that her marriage will be all she desires and that she will discover that her husband is the man that completes her.

Thank you, Lord, for marriage and all that goes with it!

No comments: