Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Riches of God

Closing Comments
Ecclesiastes – Week 3

I. Riches of God all benefit me.

a. Goodness, forebearance, longsuffering. (Rom 2:4)

b. Patience and mercy. (Rom 9:22 -23)

c. Redemption, forgiveness, makes known His will for our lives. (Eph 1:7)

d. Christ in you. (Col 1:27)
1. Preserving God's Word (Jn 14:26)
2. Testifies of Jesus (Jn 15:26)
3. Conviction (Jn16:8)
4. Illumination (Jn 16:12)
5. Glorifying Jesus (Jn 16:14)
6. Regeneration (Titus 3:5)
7. Prayer (Rom 8:26)
8. Comfort (Acts 9:31; 2Cor 1:4)
9. Cleansing, Sanctification, Justification (1Cor 6:11)

II. My Investment in God’s Riches is doing today what I was called to do today. (Rom 11: 34-12:1)

a. Mercies of God – I can only consider becoming “rich in God” because God has withheld reasonable judgment from me.

b. Body as a Living sacrifice
1. Body – that which I have control over
2. Living Sacrifice – lively, moving, and quickened. Not idle.

c. Holy, acceptable unto God
1. Pure and morally blameless
2. Well pleasing

d. Reasonable service
1. Reasonable - Rational, (root word logos), of the word
2. Service – worship

III. My Investment in Others is the same as my investment in God’s Riches.

Be faithful to have an intimate relationship with the Lord, let Him work through me, so that the rest of the world will know that He is the Lord God and there is no other, which will be evidence of an undivided heart (a heart at peace with God). – 1 Kings 8:59-61

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm Glad I found your blog adding ya to the roll. Hope you have a great week!