Wednesday, September 12, 2007

The Heritage: Ecclesiastes - Week 2

Heritage (Webster's Definition)

1 : property that descends to an heir
2 a : something transmitted by or acquired from a predecessor
3 : something possessed as a result of one's natural situation or birth

Synonyms: LEGACY, INHERITANCE b : TRADITION, BIRTHRIGHT

I. God’s inheritance for me is …
a. Eternal (Ps 37:18)
b. Steadfast (Ps 94:14)
c. Vindication and Righteousness (Is 54:17)
d. Forgiving, Merciful, and Compassionate (Micah 7:18-19)
e. God Himself (Ezekiel 44:28)

II. Is the heritage I am leaving…
a. Eternal?
b. Steadfast?
c. Dependent on God for vindication and righteousness?
d. Forgiving, merciful, and compassionate?
e. God Himself?

III. No regrets
a. Have I been faithful with what God has given me? (Jer 2:7)
b. Have I considered my children a heritage of the Lord? (Ps 127:3)
c. Walk wisely, redeeming the time. (Eph 5:15-16)

No comments: