Friday, March 30, 2007

Expectation

I am spending the weekend with some new friends. Usually I anticipate new experiences with great expectation and joy. I love new and different. But, for some reason, today I am hesitant. Tenative, not because the new experience is dreaded, but, because in my heart somewhere I think I may need a rest from all the change that has taken place over the last year. Lots of new events are occurring in my life, all good. New friends, new church, well, new "everything" as far as relationships go (other than my immediate family). New goals, new expectations. I think what may make me hesitate to want these changes is not that they aren't better for me, it's just that I really liked my old "everything".

I still have those old relationships and friends, they are different, though, because we don't have our regular routine anymore. We are trying to figure out how to have them in a different context. We don't study much together any longer or discuss what we are learning as often anymore. These times are becoming fewer and farther between and that is truly sad.

I want to want to move on. I desire to have what is the absolute best for me. I need reviving. That is what I will anticipate for this weekend, renewal, regeneration, rejuvenation, replenishing. That is what I am asking for, Lord, new revelation of You.

No comments: