Saturday, March 26, 2005

Trust and Communication

Well, we did go to the mall. I thought 16 was trying to make an effort to be civil to me, but, I was wrong. It was only an act to get what 16 wanted. As soon as 16 could tell I was not going to buy everything 16 wanted, the attitude began. Even in the middle of being poorly treated I bought 16 a couple of shirts. I really shouldn't have, but I wanted too. Silence became the prime communication. Since then, not a word. Our entire family decided we were going to the movie last night, to see Robots. 16 didn't want to go, 16 would do homework instead. That was fine with everyone else. We prepared to leave, went to the car, guess what? 16 came. I wonder what that was all about? Did 16 want to be begged to go? Did 16 think our outing would be ruined because of 16's non participation? 16 wants a driver's license. I want 16 to have a driver's license. My intuition tells me 16 must earn this privilege by having a good relationship with 16's family. Everyone must be allowed to experience the full consequences of their preferred behavior. Non communication with anyone will result in a broken relationship full of hurt and mistrust. If you want to be trusted you must learn to comminicate.

No comments: