Wednesday, March 23, 2005

The Onset

Today seems like a good day to begin recording a few thoughts I am having. Maybe others are experiencing the same events and emotions and then you will know that you are not alone! I am simply a mom of four who desperately wants her children to grow into adults who have an eternal perspective. Seeing this result has been a lot harder than I had initally expected. I am in the middle of this project at the moment, a little discouraged, but determined to see it faithfully to the end.

Ages of the children: 22,21,16,14. With two adult children, of whom I am extremely proud, comes it's own challenge of continuing my desire for a life built on sound principles. They are now independent, responsible, and engaging in building their own families. My role has changed as an overt contributer to their personal growth, however, I am still completely emotionally involved.

Today, it is my 16 year old who offers me the biggest challenge. I expect these blogs, for a while, will contain more material about this relationship than with anything else. I have questions about how to relate to this teen, but, I also have answers. My problem is not knowing the answers, it is in doing it!

Stay tuned....

No comments: