Monday, March 28, 2005

The Birthday

Happy Birthday 14! How can it be that my baby is 14. We are moving from having a family full of children to young adults in our family. It is bittersweet. I have fabulous memories of my children, but how I love that they are growing up and becoming beautiful people. Some growing is a little more painful than others, but eventually, it is a good thing.

This week, after celebrating 14's birthday today, will be spent in preparation to go on a vacation with husband. He has already departed and we will meet in Barcelona, Spain on Saturday. It takes a great deal of preparation to leave. I have painting to do at 21's home, mowing, cleaning the pool, laundry, house cleaning (so my mom isn't grossed out when she comes to take care of my kids while I'm gone), grocery shopping, and some personal hygeine (so husband won't be grossed out when I see him). All the effort is definitely worth it once I get on the plane. A little romantic getaway is always good for the soul.

My goal this week: To be emotionally stable when dealing with 16 while husband is away, eat well and possibly drop a pound or two, and simply express to my family how very much I love them.

1 comment:

Ailyn said...

awesome! my eldest just turned 5 on Sunday