Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Living Beyond Suffering

Closing Comments – Rom 8:1-19, 26-27

I. Pitfalls of persecution (an unsuspected difficulty, danger, or error that one may fall into)
A. Belief of Condemnation – Rom 8:1
B. Fear of Failure - Rom 8:15
C. Belief of Rejection – Rom 8:16
II. Protection of The Spirit
A. Free from the law of sin and death - Rom 8:2
B. The law can be fulfilled in me – Rom 8:4
C. Have the freedom to set my mind of the things of the Spirit – Rom 8:5
D. Free to have a life worth living here and now – Rom 8:11
III. Advantages for all when we are comforted by the Spirit during suffering
A. Christians
1. The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God –
Rom 8:16-17
2. Gives me an eternal perspective – Rom 8:18
3. We have an intercessor – Rom 8:27
B. Non Christians
1. They are treated by Christians in a godly manner – Rom 8:4
2. They experience their earnest expectation, the revealing of the sons of God. Rom 8:19
PS. I will never again take cough medicine before Bible study. I didn't have a clear thought all morning!

No comments: