Monday, January 14, 2008

The Calling

Have you ever just wanted to know what your "calling" in life was? You know, that certain occupation your were predestined to do. The activity where you find fulfillment. Your perfect fit. Your passion.

As I consider my "calling", it seems that my passion is, in general, women's ministry. And, again, I find that total immersion is the only option for me. Not because I need something to fill my time and consume my energy, but because I have found that serving God with all my capabilty is the only place I find perfect satisfaction.

In the last few months I knew that God was challenging me to leave my current occupation, real estate. God has been very good to Husband and I through this vocation. He has met many financial needs in this way. However, I had become increasingly unsatisfied and even irritable as I worked with my clients doing tasks that in the past had been pleasurable for me. So, as an opportunity was presented to me to have a lead in our women's ministry at my church, in a complete attitude of prayer, I humbly accepted the challenge that God had set before me.

So, even though inadequacy haunts me and an unworthiness troubles me, God, in all His sufficiency has promised good to me. My prayer is that our WM will be His ministry. I long for other women to find their passion and come along side me and forge new ways to enable our peers at church and in our community to experience the LORD God, know Him, love Him, worship Him, cede to Him.

"And may these words of mine, which I have prayed before the LORD, be near to the LORD our God day and night, that he may uphold the cause of his servant(Me) and the cause of his people Israel(You) according to each day's need, so that all the peoples of the earth may know that the LORD is God and that there is no other." I Kings 8:59-60

No comments: