Thursday, August 16, 2007

Why Wait?

That has been my question... Why must I wait for the hard times to be past and for the healing to begin in some relationships that are important. I was reminded today just how faithful the LORD God really is and why He makes us wait.

"And therefore will the LORD wait, that he may be gracious to you, and therefore will he be exalted, that he may have mercy upon you: for the LORD is a God of judgment: blessed are all they that wait for him." Isaiah 30:18

So true. If in my muck I feel like I have done what I can and the circumstances appear to have been changed in my favor, I would think that I had manipulated my own destiny. However, when I am faithful to do the right thing in the midst of the most difficult times and nothing appears to be changing, then I am more likely to realize that it is God who absolutely holds my future. This also tests my character. Am I doing the right thing because it is right or because I want good things to come to me?

Let me say, loud and clear, that our God Is Gracious. We have experienced the beginning stages of healing in our home. We are thankful for a Righteous God, Our Shield, Our Defender, a God of Mercy and Grace.

No comments: