Monday, July 23, 2007

Indescribable

I think most of the time I amble through my life oblivious of God's mercy. As you can tell, if you have read many of my posts, my life (in my opinion) is rather blissful. I know that my circumstances are a direct result of God's lovingkindness, faithfulness, and care for me, my children and extended family and I am genuinely thankful. I am at least grateful for the small part of that truth that I comprehend. Every now and then, fortunately, God chooses to illuminate me by revealing His holy attributes.

Last week was an interminable week. Each day longer than the one before it. Disappointment and grief were found at every turn. God's Word was the only place to find hope. Here is where I spent my days:

Luke 11:5-8 Then he said to them, "Suppose one of you has a friend, and he goes to him at midnight and says, 'Friend, lend me three loaves of bread, because a friend of mine on a journey has come to me, and I have nothing to set before him.' "Then the one inside answers, 'Don't bother me. The door is already locked, and my children are with me in bed. I can't get up and give you anything.' I tell you, though he will not get up and give him the bread because he is his friend, yet because of the man's boldness he will get up and give him as much as he needs.

I literally knocked incessantly at God's door and asked for underserved mercy. The truth of the matter is we deserve judgment and consequences from our Holy God, yet I was emboldened by my LORD to persistently ask for what I felt I needed. Our future is in His hands and I truly came to the point that I would choose to be thankful for whatever future God chose for us, But I relentlessly cried out for underserved mercy, And that is what He gave...mercy.

Our ordeal isn't over, but, God's precepts will carry us through. We will praise His name forever to all the earth, "The Lord is Good and His Mercy endures forever!"

Thank you, Lord, for your Indescribable Mercy!

Psalm 86:12-13 "I will praise thee, O Lord my God, with all my heart: and I will glorify thy name for evermore. For great is thy mercy toward me: and thou hast delivered my soul from the lowest hell."

No comments: