Friday, February 16, 2007

Miracles Still Happen

Have you ever seen a real live miracle? I mean right before your very eyes. Did you try to explain it away? How did you respond?

Well, I will tell you that today, I saw a miracle. One of my good friends has a really dangerous bacterial infection and is fighting it with "Big Gun" drugs. Today she did not feel well when I saw her this morning. In fact, it appeared the enemy (illness) was going to have it's way with her today. Not in my house! Or, I should say, not in my Father's house! Six of us gathered around her and touched her with our hands so that she could feel our hearts and souls as we pleaded with our Heavenly Father to protect her physical body today. Do you know that He immediately answered our prayer. The seven of us went on to eat, talk, play, and share our day together and, as usual, she was in the middle of the mix, and she was great company.

I admit several of us tried to excuse the result of our prayers. We said "maybe the cold, dry weather this morning simply caused her to have a raspy, dry throat and cough. Maybe she really didn't feel as bad as she (or we) thought." No, that is not the case. Must I remind myself that we should not doubt the power of a prayer. She did have a terrible cough (I heard it myself). She did gasp for breath as she walked from room to room (she is usually a physically fit woman). She does have an infection that is dangerous to all those who are attacked by it. GOD DID ANSWER OUR PRAYER FOR HER PROTECTION TODAY!!

Thank you, Father, for your answer to our need. Let me close my physical eyes in order to see you work in our spiritual lives. Thank You that You work in our physical world as evidence of Your remarkable power. I do trust You. I do love You. Amen.

No comments: