Saturday, February 17, 2007

Awake To Righteousness

I didn't even know that I was dozing! I read that verse and I knew exactly what I should do. Wake up to what is excellent!! Pay attention to what I am doing and how it affects others!! Quit being apathetic to what is best for me and all those around me. That would include husband, children, friends, and even those who simply see me responding to this world.

In every situation there is a wrong, not so wrong, and best response. I think that most times I apathetically choose what is "not so wrong". That surely couldn't hurt anything, could it? Well, I guess I might have to argue with myself at this point. Yes, apathy hurts, and ultimately numbs us to making any good (and by good I mean absence of evil, pure) decisions. I desire, yes and even expect, my children to make the very best choices each day in every situation they face. Why do I settle for less in myself? It only leads to experiencing a mediocre life, and that is not good enough! I simply must "Awake to Righteousness" and then I can expect an extraordinary existence.

Lord, open my eyes to what is righteous. Wake me, rouse me, stir me to Your excellent way.

No comments: