Monday, September 14, 2009

Beloved

My dear Granny is walking with Jesus today. She can hear every whisper, she can maneuver every step, she can hold even the smallest beautiful creation.

I know that as our loved ones pass we sometimes have a tendency to only remember the good times we had with them and ignore controversy or conflict. But, and I speak with verity now, I have not one negative memory about my Granny. She doted on me, her only granddaughter (one of two grandchildren). She has left a legacy of generosity, strength, and kindness to many. I will miss her.

Beloved Precious Memories.

A new doll each visit.
"Working" in the store.
Listening on the party line phone.

Playing on the big yellow bus.
Eating sweets all day long.
A summer friend across the street.

Sandy Beach.
Greasy country cookin'.
Bon Bons.

Singing gospel music.
Christmas eve.
Thursday night visits.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

I'm saddened for your family's loss, but brightened by your sweet remembrances.