Thursday, October 01, 2009

I Knew It!

I knew it would happen, I just didn't know when. Ok, I knew it would most likely happen. Well, there may have been times that I just wasn't sure about the outcome. But, here we are and it has happened. (This is really going to be a frustrating entry for many of you because I just cannot reveal the details of what has occurred.)

Basically, I have been watching one of my kids make some choices that were disappointing. Not life altering, not fatal, but having the potential for a future of hardship IF the shackles didn't fall from their eyes. But, glory to God, the Father of all, He has once again had mercy on us and saved us from ourselves.

As the parent of adults I know that I have reared my children to know right, to do good, to love righteousness. But, there are moments when I must observe the events involving my children and watch God move in their lives. This happens, and I know this will shock you just as it astonished me, without my overt intervention. My role was to pray, advise, pray, listen, and pray.

God moved, child was rescued, and our lives are once again in the idyllic state I love. I will continue to pray for mercy, direction, and protection for us all.

Thank you Lord, for your unending protection.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

I love reading testaments of hope and faith seen! What an encouragement to all of us who like to "control" to just "pray and have faith." Love you and your testimonies.

Michelle Canton said...

Thanks, Kimberly, for your unending words of love and support. I am honored that you care to read about what I experience and how I feel about it. I look forward to seeing you soon.