Monday, January 19, 2009

Timing

Timing will be an important component of the next few weeks. I have been trying to schedule my time so that I can do everything I deem important. A few things on my list:

*School - I begin a final semester at the university tomorrow.
*Work - I am still working part time while I attend school.
*24 and the twins -I want to be available when they come home
*Home - my time at home with 17, 19, and Husband

That is really what life is about, right? Timing. How we choose to spend our time. Who we spend it with. How we prioritize. In my life, since having children, I have scrutinized every day and how I spent my time. That is one of the reasons I haven't completed my college education until now, my children took priority over all things. That isn't to say I didn't do anything, on the contrary, I served in significant roles in ministries that impacted many people. But, the time I spent serving was well timed to cooincide with their schedules. My goal was to take care of their needs first. Did I succeed every day at this objective? I think I did on most days. Does it sound like I'm tooting my own horn? I hope not. But, my reality is that I would do it the same way if I had the chance to do it again.

(You may be recalling my "one regret", which was not earning my degree. That consists of time I squandered before I had children.)

So, how will this week play out? I have no idea. T1 and T2 are really doing well. They are eating better, gaining weight, and are stronger every day. That is why I must be intimate with my Lord every moment so that I can have an objective view of the world and discern what my priorities should be.

Lord, guide me to spend my time well each moment.

2 comments:

Maci said...

Thought I would leave you an update (since I have internet capabilities now): Doctor said, "the twins are doing so well. Let's talk tomorrow about them going home!" Yay! Landen is every feeding by nipple and Peyton is 2 out of 3. Finally, there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Michelle Canton said...

That is fabulous news! Just what we have been waiting for. Kiss them for me. Mom