Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Vacation, the Bible, and School

Vacations! Ahh, they are the ultimate in taking a break for me. The very reason I don't like to camp. If I am going on vacation I want a break from normal life. Cooking, cleaning, getting up early, laundry. I love vacations. The most memorable vacations we have had were not necessarily the most exotic, but we were together with people we loved and spent a great deal of time experiencing out of the ordinary things. The first vacations I am reminded of are Maine (every day's plan backfired, even whale watching in prime whale watching season), and a 2 week road trip to the north east with a 2 and 3 year old (yes, we were potty training at the time).

The Bible!! My favorite literature. Profound Truth and the mystery of the universe simply waiting to be unveiled to the hungry reader. I am hungry, I do believe, I am changed every time I read it with a heart ready to listen.

School. Hmm. School is somewhat of an enigma for me now and even as a child. I have always looked forward to it, tire of the rigor of work, yet love the result of studying a subject and learning from a good teacher.

Why put these three things together? Because together, these three things, can change the lives of the children in our neighborhoods, for eternity. Special, intense time doing special things about the Bible with people who teach what they know about God, the Redeemer. Wow! I am glad I am a part of Vacation Bible School this week.

No comments: