Tuesday, April 19, 2005

I Don't Get It!!

I love that 16 has a driver's license. I enjoy seeing 16 experience a degree of freedom which signifies coming of age and maturing into an adult. That is my job. Growing my children and moving them to independence. We have a few simple rules that accompany a new driver's license. The most important is that permission is required for a few months before you can drive anywhere. In very few instances permission would be witheld. In the beginning it is a requirement, but what develops is the courtesy to let the parents know where you are. Well, two days after 16 had the license 16 broke the rule. The car was put in the garage for 3 days. Now, here we are again, just 2 days later, and the rule has been broken yet again. 16 didn't even go somewhere that was wrong. 16 would not have been denied to take the car, yet 16 did not follow the simple rule. I don't get it!!! Why? Is this a test? Will parents really do what we say? I assure you we will. The consequences were extremely clear. "If you don't follow the rule, the car will be parked." Will someone please help me understand why this is such an issue with 16, PLEASE!!!?

By the way, with 22 and 21, this issue never occured.

No comments: