Monday, June 18, 2007

Soul Food

Have you ever really needed a break from the difficult day to day drudgery you must endure? Have you ever just wanted to get away and simply do things that you rarely get to do? Selfish things like spend days with friends who genuinely care about you, or walk lazily along a street lined with quaint shops that entice you to come in and browse. Have you ever wanted to experience novel things like harvest lavender and bring a bouquet home to release it's gentle aroma in your bedroom? Maybe you have wanted to pick perfectly ripe peaches to make a fantastic homemade dessert and just never took the time.

These are just a few of the things I experienced with my girlfriends this weekend. Let me just add a few more things to the list:

*soaked in the hot tub at the hotel until we were beeeeet red.
*sang hymns at the top of our lungs.
*ate snacks until I thought I would explode.
*bought fabulously charming old furniture.
*shared our hearts.

At dinner one evening I asked each friend to describe the weekend in just two words. Here are their words and it really sums up the entire trip. I can add no more.

Restful, easy, soul food, happy heart, desperately needed, refreshing, fun, new experiences.

Hooray for the GRT (Girl's Road Trip) I couldn't ask for more.

PS Whose pillow do I have?

No comments: