Saturday, December 01, 2007

Noise

Does anyone else find this ironic?

Yesterday I was going to vacuum the front room. It's the room we all spend most of our time in. It's where we watch the most tv (the best tv is in there), the kids toys are in there and they really make a mess with their snacks and drinks. Anyway, I was on my way to clean it, 18 was in the dining room, across the foyer, writing a paper.

18 - Oh no! You're not going to vacuum now, are you?

me - Why, yes, I am. That room is a mess and I want to clean it before the Maverick game tonight. ( We are avid Dallas Maverick Basketball fans)

18 - Please, don't, I won't be able to concentrate, it will be too loud.

me - ok. I can wait a while. How long will you be?

18 - (no answer.)

She had already popped her ipod earphones in and promptly turned it up so high she couldn't hear a word I said.

Someone please save me from my reasonable self!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL too funny!
Good to see your blog, looking forward to reading all about how the family has been, will stick it in my favorites to check back periodically.
Hoping you are having a wonderful Holiday!
Love always,
Tiff